Let me start with a THANK YOU to Av8tor1988 from Inside My Minds for nominating me for a Blogger Recognition Award and Michael J. Miller from My Comic Relief for the Versatile Blogger Award nomination! I’m going to post about both below!
Starting with the Blogger Recognition Award, Av8tor1988 nominated me back in June so (a) apologies for the late post on this and (b) yay! Inside my Minds is super fun to read – we both participate in Top 5 Wednesday and Top Ten Tuesday AND this blog has lots of Harry Potter love going on, which I great – you should definitely check it out!
Here are the Blogger Recognition rules:
- Write a post showing the award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to (more on this at the very bottom of the post!)
As far as how this blog started, I really just wanted a way and place to talk about books! It seemed like a lot of fun – and I was right! I haven’t been doing this for very long so I’m not sure how useful my advice will be but…
- Don’t worry too much about what people will think of your posts. Write about what interests you. If you follow me, you know I do a lot of book memes (Top 5 Wednesday, Top Ten Tuesday, etc.) Some bloggers hate these (both reading and writing them). I happen to have a lot of fun doing them. Blogging should be fun so do what makes you happy!
- Interact with other bloggers! I’ve had so many fun discussions and gotten a ton of book recommendations this way. This whole blogging thing is so much more fun when you have blogger friends to interact with!
Okay, now on to the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you Michael for the nomination! As you can probably guess from the blog’s name, My Comic Relief focuses on comic books! Michael puts a ton of work and thought into his posts and I really love reading them. He also loves Ghostbusters, which is awesome!
Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- List seven fun facts about yourself
- Nominate up to fifteen other blogs you’d like to share this award with
- I have two dogs. One is a large 10-year-old Australian Shepard and the other is a tiny 2-year-old Shih-poo (half shih-tzu, half miniature poodle). I’ve actually always been a cat person but I love these two rascals.
- I’m originally from Michigan. I live in Colorado now but run into people from MI at least once or twice a month. There is some sort of migration going on, apparently! I miss the water but not the humidity or mosquitoes.
- I’m obsessed with TV shows/movies about dancing. Even if it’s a horrible movie (and let’s be honest, a lot of dance movies are), I have probably seen it at least twice.
- My lucky number is 56. I have no reason for this.
- I love to travel. If I ever win the lottery I’ll probably spend most of it on travelling. I keep trying to get my husband to try out for Wheel of Fortune because he’s really good at it and I want him to win me a trip J
- I love theater! It costs a fortune but I really love going to the theater. I try to go at least once or twice a year. There is a rumor that Hamilton is coming to my area next year so I’m hoping to make that happen!
- I love classic books and movies! When I was younger I had a list of the top 100 books and the top 100 movies and tried to work my way through them. I haven’t read/seen them all yet but I’ve got a pretty good chunk of them done!
As far as nominating others, I’m going to take a page from Cover2CoverMom’s book, er, blog, and open this tag up to anyone who thinks it sounds interesting/fun! [Semi-related note, Cover2CoverMom is a really fun blog to read so check it out!]
That’s all for now!