It’s Top Ten Tuesday time! This is open to everyone so click the link to join in!
This week’s topic: Ten Facts about Me
I’ve decided to go with bookish facts about myself so here we go!
- I work in a public library – I’ve always enjoyed libraries so it’s a perfect place for me!
- I’m an archivist – I collect, organize, and preserve primary source documents including diaries, organizational records, letters, etc. It’s really fun! (Yes, Diane Kruger plays an archivist in National Treasure. No, I’ve never helped anyone try to steal the Declaration of Independence.)
- I have a B.A. in English – The degree is technically called “Language, Literature, and Writing.” I got to read SO MANY great books in these classes!
- I enjoy all genres of books – I will give just about anything a change – YA, NA, historical fiction, romance, literary fiction, etc. If it has a good story, I’m in!
- I have a M.A. in Information Science (focusing on Archives and Library Science) – Fun fact: Did you know a master’s in library science – or something similar – is required to be a librarian?
- Working as a bookseller at Borders was one of my favorite jobs – I did this for four years during my undergrad and spent way too much of my paycheck on books!
- Working customer service at a publishing company was one of my least favorite jobs – People don’t enjoy calling call centers. People don’t enjoy working in call centers. It makes for an all-around unpleasant experience.
- I would love to be a travel writer – Traveling is one of my favorite things; I would love to get paid to write about my travels.
- I didn’t read Harry Potter until I was in my 20s – I’m pretty obsess with HP and can’t wait to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one day!
- I love book-related goodies – Candles, shirts, cell phone cases – I can’t get enough!
I’d love to learn more about the various bloggers I interact with so I’m looking forward to seeing your posts!