I’m so excited that Nancy from Graphic Novelty2 nominated me for a Liebster Award! How cool is that?!
Graphic Novelty2 is a great blog so make sure to check it out! There is a super helpful list of Graphic Novel recommendations for those, like myself, who are somewhat clueless about such things. I think I’ll give A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge by Josh Neufeld a try based on this list!
The Liebster Award is passed around the blogging community as a fun way of getting to know each other. Here is how it works – once you get nominated:
- Thank the nominator and link back to their blog
- Answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers that you think deserve the award
- Write 11 questions for your nominees
- Let them know you’ve nominated them
Okay, so I would like to nominate:
- Pearl Kirkby at Old Fossil Writes – I loved her short story Folded Dreams and her blog posts are great! (Plus she gets bonus points for loving Harry Potter and Midsomer Murders!)
- Nicole Sewell – Nicole is a blogger and amazing YA writer!
- Jaed at The Bibliophile Blogs – She reviews a lot of great books and also posts about her travels!
- Arvenig: Arvenig’s blog is full of book reviews, author interviews, and the occasional giveaway!
My 11 questions for the nominees:
- What is your favorite book or series?
- If you could do anything (other than your current job) what would you do for a living?
- What is your favorite book-to-film adaptation?
- What is your least favorite book-to-film adaptation?
- On average, how many books do you read each month?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
- Why is your blog focused on the topic(s) you’ve chosen? If you can write about anything, why this?
- How often do you blog?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself!
And here are the answers to the questions Nancy gave me!
1) What is your favorite book or series? My favorite stand-alone book is probably To Kill a Mockingbird; I can’t remember how many times I’ve read that – I really love it! My favorite series is hands-down Harry Potter. I’m a little obsessed.
2) What are you thankful for? My family! I’m super thankful that I have an awesome husband that will go on random adventures with me J I also have great parents and in-laws. I love ‘em! Oh, and my two rowdy dogs!
3) What is your favorite place to visit? That’s a tough one! I always have fun in Vegas (I got married there!) I also really love D.C. and am super excited to be visiting again in a few weeks.
4) Why is your blog focused on the topics you’ve chosen? If you can write about anything, why this? My life has always involved books, reading, and writing in one way or another. Along with loving to read in my spare time, I have an English degree as well as a Library Science degree. I’ve worked in various bookstores, for a publishing company, and now I’m an archivist at a library. It just seemed like a natural fit for me to have a book blog.
5) Do you hold yourself to any sort of schedule as a writer (for example, you must write a little every day or do a post every week) or do you just write when you feel so moved? Why is this your chosen path? I have a lot of fun doing the Top Ten Tuesday, Top 5 Wednesday, and Tuesday Talks so I try to do at least 1-2 of those a week. I also make an effort to write a recap of the books I’ve read each month. Otherwise I just write when a topic pops into my head.
6) What would you like to learn how to do? I would love to learn sign language. I know the alphabet but that’s it. We have a school for the deaf and blind where I live and we often get hearing impaired patrons at the library where I work – it would be great to be able to communicate with them more effectively.
7) What do you want people to remember about you? I would like to be remembered as a kind person.
8) What is the reason behind the name of your blog? It’s just my name! I suppose I could have been a little more creative with that one J
9) Which post on your blog would you like to have gotten more readership? I’m always surprised by which posts get a lot of likes and comments. I’m not sure that I have a particular post that I wish had more readership. I am always thrilled when people like my posts though!
10) Has there been anything challenging about blogging since you’ve started writing for an online audience? The biggest challenge is probably finding time to blog. It was also difficult at first to build an audience and jump into interacting with other bloggers since I didn’t know what on earth I was doing. But I’m getting better!
11) Lastly, what have you found to be the most rewarding part of blogging since you began your writing venture? I’ve added so many books to my to-read list based on blogger’s recommendations, discovered some great indie authors as well. It’s just great to hang out (virtually) with other book nerds!
Thanks again to Nancy at Graphic Novelty2 for the Liebster nomination – what a wonderful surprise!