The last Top Five Wednesday of the month! (Is April really almost over?) As always, click the link to join the Goodreads group and see the weekly topics!
Top 5 Wednesday Topic: Favorite Mothers/Maternal Figures
1. Marmee in Little Women: Little Women was one of the first “big” books I read when I was young and it holds a special place in my heart. I also love the various film adaptations. I always thought it would be fun to live in the March house.
2. Lillian Gilbreth in Cheaper by the Dozen: If you haven’t read this book, you totally should! It is a true story and nothing like the Steve Martin movie. This book is hilarious and both parents are fun and very intelligent. Fun facts: Lillian received a BA and MA from UC Berkley in the early 1900s and earned a PhD from Brown. She was also the first female professor at Purdue’s engineering school. AND she raised 12 kids!
3. Marilla Cuthbert in Anne of Green Gables: I LOVE Anne of Green Gables – the books and the movies. Going to Prince Edward Island one day is totally on my bucket list. Marilla is one of my favorite characters and a great mother figure for Anne.
4. Mary Poppins: Does this count as a maternal figure? I’m going to say yes. Who doesn’t want to have Mary Poppins as their nanny?!
5. Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter: Need I say more?
Who are your favorite literary mothers or maternal figures?