This week’s topic: Rainy Day Reads!
When I think of books to read on a rainy day, I think of comfort books – books I know I’ll love. Here are my Top 5:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: I’ve loved this book for so long that I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve read it. It’s like my comfort blanket.
2. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling: This book – and Mindy – crack me up. And if it’s rainy and gloomy out, this will cheer me up!
3. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: A series I never get sick of!
4. Daphne du Maurier books – While it’s nice to have books that are funny or comforting, rainy days also beg for a good spooky story! I really like Daphne du Maurier books because they tend to have intrigue and mystery. Rebecca, The Birds, and Jamaica Inn are all good places to start.
5. Short Stories – I’m leaving this a little vague because there are a ton of short story compilations out there. I recommend starting with a compilation of the classics – The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O’Connor, etc. and enjoy!
What are your favorite rainy day books? Check back next Wednesday for Top 5 Wednesday: Books with Hard Topics!